So this is my mom’s recipe, but I finally asked her for it and man it’s just so good.
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
- Boil the chicken (as it’s cooling, you can do some of the other steps). SAVE YOUR WATER once the chicken is done. You will use it later.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Core your bell pepper, then chop it and the onion finely and mix together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Shred your cooked chicken (also finely). Set aside.
- Mix the cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups together in a medium bowl. Mix the Rotel tomatoes into the soup mixture. Set aside.
- Tear up the tortillas into quarters and spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Dip your tortillas into the chicken broth water you saved (so they are a little soggy) and put down a layer of the tortilla quarters until the bottom is well covered.
- Spoon a layer of the Rotel/soup mixture into the pan.
- Spoon a layer of the peppers/onion mixture into the pan.
- Add a layer of chicken.
- Repeat the layering one more time (tortillas, rotel/soup, peppers/onion, chicken).
- Finish with a final layer of dipped tortilla quarters on top, topped with whatever cheese you wanted.
- Bake at 350° for an hour.
Serve with salsa/sour cream and enjoy! 🙂